Dental Braces – Straighter Teeth, Brighter Smile
For most teenagers, getting braces is a rite of passage. If you have crooked teeth or a misaligned bite, regardless of your age, braces are often the best option to help straighten teeth.
Not only do braces provide you with straight teeth, a good bite, and a beautiful smile, but they also prevent long-term tooth damage caused by poor tooth or jaw alignment.
Why Get Braces?
For most people, a beautiful smile is the most obvious benefit of orthodontics. But alleviating and preventing long-term health problems is just as important. Crooked or crowded teeth are difficult to clean and maintain, which can lead to tooth decay, gum disease or tooth loss. Poor jaw or tooth alignment can cause abnormal wear of your teeth, an inability to chew efficiently and excessive stress on gum tissue and the bone that support your teeth. Braces can make your teeth look better, work better and easy to clean.
With orthodontic treatment from The My Dental orthodontics, you get
• Straighter teeth and a more attractive smile.
• Improved oral health and function.
• Prevention of common dental problems caused by crooked teeth or a misaligned bite.
• A boost in self–confidence.
Braces work by applying continuous pressure over a period of time, by using a system of wires and brackets to slowly move teeth in a specific direction. As the teeth move, the bone changes shape as pressure is applied. Once the braces are removed (typically in one to two years), you are left with straighter teeth, proper jaw alignment and a dazzling smile.
Can adults get braces? While braces are typically associated with teenagers, you can get braces at any age. Adult braces are quite a common procedure. It’s never too late to address dental problems caused by crooked teeth and to get that smile you’ve always wanted.
Numerous Options to Fit Your Style
Braces have changed over the years. Today, options range from colorfully cool to nearly invisible. The choice is yours, and you don’t have to come up with the answers alone. As orthodontists, we are experts in helping you find your perfect match.
We offer two different types of braces:
• Traditional metal braces: This is the most common type of braces, and they are more comfortable today than ever before. Made of high-grade stainless steel, metal braces straighten your teeth using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a unique and colorful smile.
• Ceramic braces: Since they are made of clear materials, ceramic braces are less visible on your teeth than metal braces. For this reason, ceramic braces are used mainly on older teenagers and adults who have cosmetic concerns. While they are visually less prominent, they do require more attention to oral hygiene, as ceramic braces are larger and more brittle than their metal counterparts. For these reasons, ceramic braces tend to be used more on upper front teeth than on lower teeth.
A Talented Team of Experienced Orthodontists
Orthodontics is a long-term relationship that involves very personal interaction. Therefore, it’s important to make sure your orthodontist has a personality and communication style that meshes well with yours. On top of that, he or she needs to have adequate orthodontic experience and training and be well trained in current orthodontic technology and procedures.
The My Dental orthodontic specialists are all members of the American Association of Orthodontists. They have each taken an additional three years of post-graduate work in orthodontics beyond the four years of dental school required to practice general dentistry. You can trust that your smile is in good hands with The My Dental orthodontics.
We know that you have many offices available to you for orthodontic care. Choosing the right orthodontist is a very important decision. At The My Dental, we offer a complimentary new patient consultation to help you make the right decision when seeking an orthodontist for yourself or a member of your family.
At The My Dental, we care about our patients and treat you like family. During your complimentary new patient consultation, our staff will gladly answer any questions you have about orthodontic treatment. We want you to feel comfortable with your orthodontic treatment decisions – and happy with the results for years to come.
Teeth Care During Treatment
For more information and instructions on how to keep your teeth clean and healthy during orthodontic treatment
Call The My Dental today to request your free new-patient consultation. Visit our contact page to find the location easily.